Thursday, April 2, 2009

Opal Saver is now up!

I would like to begin this blog by stating that I enjoy saving money, who doesn't right? I clip coupons and look for sales and discounts everywhere. I belong to a warehouse club, routinely shop at Walmart, and search the web for deals. I also research, research, research. I scan the web daily for deals and discounts and that's what this blog is all about. I want to share my thoughts about savings on to everyone! I want to hear from other people too. If you read this and find a great deal, let me know. I love hearing how other people saved money too.

I've always been a deal watcher, but after not working for two weeks, it's been painful, and I've decided to stop spending money on things that I don't have to. I found great sites that have recipes for making your own laundry detergent, fabric softener, all purpose cleaner, and glass cleaner. I had no idea people did this anymore. I always wondered how people could afford to feed large families. I found sites that show you.

I also have found programs and deals in my area that I want to pass on. Most can be found online, even if they have local pickup for food.

Finally, I found places where you can make a little extra money. I am a nurse who works three jobs routinely. I have my nursing career, a part time second nursing job (which is why it only hurt us and not bankrupt us, when I didn't work), and I mystery shop and do merchandising too. I also found Homescan (I scan the purchases I make every week and I earn points for rewards), Inbox Dollars (I get paid to read emails), and points websites for travel and surveys.

I plan to post frequently to pass on what I have learned and I look forward to hearing from anyone else who wants to share as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment